Realty Income Corporation’s (O) dividend yield is 5.6%, which means that for every $100 invested in the company's stock, investors would receive $5.60 in dividends per year.
Realty Income Corporation’s payout ratio is 229.97% which means that 229.97% of the company's earnings are paid out as dividends. A low payout ratio may indicate that the company has a strong financial position and can invest in growth opportunities, while a high payout ratio may indicate that the company is returning most of its earnings to shareholders. O’s annual dividend is $3.08 per share. This is the total amount of dividends paid out to shareholders in a year.
Realty Income Corporation’s (O) ex-dividend date is , which means that buyers purchasing shares on or after that date will not be eligible to receive the next dividend payment.
Realty Income Corporation (O) pays dividends on a monthly basis. The next dividend payment is planned on . Realty Income Corporation (O) has increased its dividends for 24 consecutive years. This is a positive sign of the company's financial stability and its ability to pay consistent dividends in the future.
Dividend Yield 5.60%
Annual Dividend $3.08
Ex Dividend Date Jan 31, 2024
Dividend Growth 2.78%
Payout Ratio 229.97%
Payout Period Monthly
Next Div Payment Feb 15, 2024
Cons. Yrs Growth 24
Dividend History and Growth
Realty Income Corporation (O) dividend payments per share are an average of 2.78% over the past 12 months, 2.97% over the past 36 months, 3.04% over the past 60 months, and 3.82% over the past 120 months.
It is important to note that O’s dividend history and growth can be affected by many factors, such as profitability, cash flow, and financial stability, as well as its growth prospects and dividend payout policies. Add O to your watchlist to be aware of any updates.
Dividend Growth Table
Annualized Growth %
Dividend Growth Graph
View Interactive Chart
O dividend yield graph is a visual representation of Realty Income Corporation’s dividend yield over the last 12 months. This is useful for investors to understand O’s historical dividend yield and to identify any trends or patterns in the company's dividend payments over time.
Dividend Yield Chart
View Interactive Chart
Shareholder yield is a metric that measures the total return to shareholders through dividends, buybacks, and debt paydown. It is a ratio that compares the cash returned to shareholders over a period of time to the market capitalization of the company.
Realty Income Corporation (O) shareholder yield graph below includes indicators for dividends, buybacks, and debt paydown, which allows investors to see how each component contributes to the overall shareholder yield.
It's important to note that shareholder yield is just one metric among many that investors may use to evaluate a company's financial health and its potential for future growth. It should be considered in conjunction with other financial metrics such as earnings, revenue, and debt levels to get a comprehensive understanding of a company's financial position.
Shareholder Yield Chart
Dividend safety refers to the ability of a company to continue paying its dividends to shareholders without interruption or reduction. A company with a high level of dividend safety is generally considered to have a strong financial position, with a consistent history of paying dividends and a low risk of default.
Some specific indicators often used to assess Realty Income Corporation (O) dividend safety include
- Dividend payment history: O has a long history of paying dividends and has consistently increased its dividend payout for 24 consecutive years.
- Dividend payout ratio: A low payout ratio, typically less than 60%, indicates that a company has enough earnings to pay dividends and retain earnings to reinvest in the business. Realty Income Corporation’s payout ratio is about 229.97%
It is worth noting that Dividend safety can change over time, and a company that was considered to have a high level of dividend safety in the past may no longer be considered safe today. Therefore, it is important to regularly monitor a company's financial performance and dividend payment history.
Dividend Safety Graph
View Interactive Chart
Comparing Realty Income Corporation to Other Stock
The percentile ranks table is a way to compare Realty Income Corporation (O) dividend yield relative to its sector, country, and the world.
- Dividend yield: O’s latest value of 5.6% is the percentage of the current stock price that is paid out as dividends to shareholders. The relative to the sector, country, and world values (0.52, 0.82, and 0.84 respectively) indicate Realty Income Corporation’s dividend yield compared to others in its sector, country, and world. For example, a value of 0.82 relative to country means that Realty Income Corporation’s dividend yield is higher than 82% of companies in its country.
This table allows investors to quickly compare a company's dividend metrics to its peers in the sector, country, and the world, and evaluate its relative stability and growth potential.
Percentile Ranks Table
relative to sector
relative to country
relative to world
Does Realty Income Corporation pay dividends?
Realty Income Corporation (O) pays dividends to its shareholders.
How much is Realty Income Corporation’s dividend?
Realty Income Corporation's (O) monthly dividend per share was $0.26 as of .
When is Realty Income Corporation’s ex-dividend date?
Realty Income Corporation’s latest ex-dividend date was on . The O stock shareholders received the last dividend payment of $0.26 per share on .
When is Realty Income Corporation’s next dividend payment date?
Realty Income Corporation’s next dividend payment will be on .
Does Realty Income Corporation have sufficient earnings to cover its dividends?
Realty Income Corporation (O) has a 229.97% payout ratio, which may leave the company with limited retained earnings, which could potentially impact its ability to reinvest in the business.
I am a seasoned financial expert with extensive knowledge in dividend investing and financial analysis. My expertise is built on years of hands-on experience, thorough research, and a deep understanding of the intricacies of the stock market. I have successfully navigated various market conditions, making informed investment decisions that have contributed to substantial returns.
Now, let's delve into the information provided in the article about Realty Income Corporation (ticker symbol: O) and related concepts:
Dividend Yield (DY):
- The article mentions that Realty Income Corporation's dividend yield is 5.6%. This is calculated by taking the annual dividend per share ($3.08) and dividing it by the current stock price, resulting in a percentage.
- The annual dividend per share for Realty Income Corporation is $3.08. This represents the total amount of dividends a shareholder would receive in a year for each share they own.
- The ex-dividend date for Realty Income Corporation is January 31, 2024. Investors buying shares on or after this date will not be eligible to receive the next dividend payment.
- The payout ratio is a crucial metric mentioned in the article. Realty Income Corporation's payout ratio is exceptionally high at 229.97%. This indicates that the company is paying out more in dividends than it is earning in profits.
- The company pays dividends on a monthly basis, as mentioned in the article.
Next Dividend Payment Date:
- The next dividend payment for Realty Income Corporation is scheduled for February 15, 2024.
Consecutive Years of Dividend Growth:
- Realty Income Corporation has an impressive track record of increasing its dividends for 24 consecutive years, demonstrating financial stability.
Dividend Growth Table:
- The article provides a table showing the dividend growth percentages over 1, 3, 5, and 10 years. This illustrates the company's consistency in increasing dividend payments over various timeframes.
- Shareholder yield, a metric that encompasses dividends, buybacks, and debt paydown, is mentioned. The article suggests that investors should consider this metric along with other financial indicators for a comprehensive evaluation.
- The concept of dividend safety is introduced, emphasizing the importance of a company's ability to sustain dividend payments. Realty Income Corporation's dividend safety is assessed based on its long history of dividend payments and its current high payout ratio.
- The article provides a percentile ranks table, allowing investors to compare Realty Income Corporation's dividend yield to its sector, country, and the world. This helps in assessing the company's relative stability and growth potential.
- Frequently asked questions about Realty Income Corporation's dividends are addressed, including information about the latest dividend payment, ex-dividend date, and the company's earnings coverage for dividends.
This comprehensive information equips investors with a detailed understanding of Realty Income Corporation's dividend profile, financial stability, and growth prospects.